This last year was slow going for me in regards to blogging and writing. I did launch my new website and in November I finished my rough draft of Book 1 in my Companion Series.
This year I am hoping to accomplish even more.
I am not usually one for New Years resolutions – mostly because I am amazingly great at setting the goals and then floundering when it comes to achieving them.
This year I want to be better.
I want to set my goals and then reach them.
In my research and reading that I have done over the last few months one of the things that has been recommended when you make goals is to declare them publicly.
So in the hopes of making my goals stick this year I have decided to share them with all of you.
- Enter 1 writing contest (Last quarter of 2019)
- Complete edits for Companion Series Book 1 – Lynn Conrad
- Re-write Companion Series Book 1 – Lynn Conrad
- Outline Companion Series Book 2 – Krislin Welch
- Write the first draft of Companion Series Book 2 – Krislin Welch (Will happen for NaNoWriMo 2019)
- Write 10 short stories set in the Companion Series World
- Re-outline my contemporary romance Paper Dreams and prep for the first draft to be written in early 2020
- Post on the blog a minimum of 2x a week
- Plan monthly content one month in advance and stick to what is planned
- Post 3 new articles a week for a trial period (Jan – Feb)
- Evaluate posting schedule (End of Feb)
- Start drafting a backlog of new content
- Read at least 1 writing craft book a month
- Take 2 webinars or online classes that further my knowledge on the writing craft or connected subjects
- Attend at least 1 Conference or Convention
- Post on Instagram every Mon-Fri.
- Grow Instagram to 500 followers
- Post on Twitter 3 times a week
- Grow Twitter to 500 followers
- Post on Facebook 2 times a week
I am getting a late start into these goals already, but I am still going to work hard to reach them.
Editing has begun on Companion Series Book 1 – Lynn Conrad.
I have posted two pieces to Medium and have started getting a jump on more to post in the coming weeks.
I have re-started reading Wonderbook By John Vandermeer.
Things are moving forward and for that I am thankful.
Now I just need to keep the momentum going.